Many modern HVAC systems are complex and require the skills of a trained professional. If your on-site maintenance staff is not fully familiar with HVAC systems, hire a professional before you are faced with a system failure or water management crisis.
We have included some steps you can take to to increase the life of your equipment and decrease the need for a trained professional; please read more to learn how:
- All air coils should be inspected annually, at minimum, to confirm that equipment is operating at maximum capacity.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to obtain access to the air coils.
- Coils should be cleaned of dust and debris by careful brushing or vacuuming, to avoid damaging the coil fins.
- Keep outdoor condensing units clean from grass clippings and other debris.
- Condenser units must remain level in order for water to drain properly.